Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Got Jokes

I love a good prank.  When my sister and I were younger (and bored, considering we grew up in the middle of nowhere in Maine), we would always play tricks on our unsuspecting parents.  We put vinegar in my Dad's beer cans, wrote "REDRUM" on his forehead when he fell asleep on the couch in red lipstick, and once stole a "Bump" road sign and changed the "B" to an "H" and set it up on their bed.  I'm sure we drove them nuts, but completely entertained ourselves - we thought we were pretty funny.  I won't even mention some of the awful prank calls we used to make.

In more recent (and what are supposed to be my adult) years, I've enjoyed playing pranks on coworkers, friends, and boyfriends.  I once drafted a fake letter to an ex that was about 32 at the time we dated, saying that someone had nominated him for a local magazine's "30 Bachelors' over 30" spread and that he needed to fill out a questionairre and send a headshot.  He kept asking me over and over if it was me, which I adamantly denied.  I don't know what was funnier - him thinking someone else would actually nominate him, or when he asked me if I could take some pictures of him to send in.  He was NOT attractive.  Just sayin'.

Once I got deeply wronged by I guy I'd only been dating for about 2 months, but it still stung.  Yet, the sting I felt was most likely trumped by the shock he received when he got a message 2 months later stating that I had pissed in his shampoo bottle.  That was a mean one, but he was a jerk.

My boyfriend of 3 years, Chris, is the sweetest, most unsuspecting of them all.  For April Fools' this year, I wrote a fake eviction notice from our leasing office due to "excessive complaints of disturbance" from our dog Mixson.  The look on his face was so priceless when he thought we were getting kicked out of the apartment.  Don't worry, I didn't let it go on for too long.  He loves that dog more than me, some days.  :)

This is just a recent example of what Chris has to endure by dating me.  Enjoy!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment